Community Christian School is embracing the use of technology to aid learning. We feel that the intelligent and wise use of technology can indeed help our students and teachers to reach their goals.
Here are just a few highlights of the devices and software we utilize:
- We have Promethean ActivBoards in many of our classrooms, and every classroom is equipped with a ceiling-mounted projector and sound system.
- We use a Promethean ActiVote system that allows student voting, test-taking, games and quizzes to be run from the smart boards.
- Each teacher has a laptop, an iPad, and the software to connect them and display them on their classroom projectors.
- Secondary students have access to both a Chromebook lab and an iPad lab that can outfit an entire classroom.
- Elementary students will have access to a mobile iPad lab.
- Elementary students have a dedicated computer lab where they learn typing, math skills, reading comprehension, etc.
- Each High School student is issued a Chromebook that they use for all classroom and homework.
From Ashley Bowman, 5th Grade Teacher:
Today, my class used the mobile Elementary iPad lab to review for their geography test. We used Kahoot!, a game-based classroom response system that allows teachers to create quizzes/surveys/reviews/etc. and deliver them online to students. With this system, I was able to tell fairly quickly who was well-prepared for the test and who still needed extra help. The iPads provided a fun and enjoyable activity, and the students were thrilled to use this new technology!
I'd like to thank all the families who helped with the fundraising for this iPad lab. I know my class will put it to great use this year! We appreciate all your help!
Download our official CCS Wallpapers here:
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”